PRODINo ESP32 versions
This PRODINo ESP32 Versions tutorial will help you to start with your ProDino ESP32 xxxx board.
How to install the board and the examples
1. Opening the Arduino IDE
From a menu select File/Preferences
2. Pressing over the red highlighted button
3. In the window pastes
the link: https://dl.espressif.com/dl/package_esp32_index.json as shown below:
Pressing OK and again OK.
4. Select Tools/Board: "xxxxxx"/Boards Manager...
5. In a find field enter esp32
When the board "esp32 by Espressif Systems" is shown click over the button Install. The installation procedure takes bout 2 minutes. Close this window.
6. From menu Tools/Board: "xxxx", ESP32 Dev Module
7. A board settings should be follow:
(exclude the Port, it is specific per your computer)
8. Installing a board library:
- 1Downloading and saving the file "ProDinoESP32.zip" on your desktop
- 2Opening your Arduino IDE. From the menu selects: Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library...
- 3Select the zip file "ProDinoESP32.zip" from your desktop and click Open
- 4You can see our examples in: File > Examples > (Section: Examples from Custom Libraries) ProDino_ESP32
Flashing the firmware on the device
Getting some Arduino UART programmer and debugger
They may look like:
Attention! If the programmer supports a voltage selector 3.3V and 5.0V you have to set it to 3.3V!
Power the device
Connecting a power supply with a board Power input. The voltage has to be between 8 - 30 V. The power supply has to support minimum 0.5 A (the min and max current is a different for every board).
Plug the programmer in programming J4 port
Be careful! The programmer GND pin must be put in the port GND.
The steps for programming the board:
- 1Powering the device
- 2Linking a programmer with the computer through USB cable
- 3In Arduino IDE you can set Programmer port from the menu Tools/Port
- 4Plug the programmer into programming J4 port
- 5In Arduino IDE click Verify
- 6Press and hold a Boot button on the board. In Arduino IDE click Upload
- 7After the LEDs on the programmer start flashing you may release Boot button